Stress affects us all, no matter how we try and avoid it. For many people, stress is so commonplace in their lives that it has become a way of life. While a certain amount of stress can be good for motivation and effeciency, it can have some very negative effects.
Everyone faces challenges on a day to day basis, but a lot depends on the way you embrace them. Do you avoid them and get flustered, letting your stress levels soar? Or do you manage your life; avoiding stress and seizing opportunities to take control and live life to the full?
A key way to manage and reduce stress is relaxation. While relaxing cannot eliminate what is causing us stress, it can control the effects. Relaxation can incorporate a number of things including deep breathing, muscle relaxation, meditation and a good night’s sleep!
When relaxation is practiced regularly, it can reduce your everyday stress levels and heighten positive and serene feelings. It also enables you to improve your energy and focus while increasing productivity.
There are also health benefits associated with relaxation such as lower blood pressure, restful heart rate and slower breathing as well as stronger defences against heart disease and cancer. For anyone in need of relaxation, here are 5 ways to combat stress:
1) If a stressful lifestyle is getting you down, try to stay as organised as possible. Many people find a well planned diary or structured lists can minimise the stress of busy lives.
2) Take time to enjoy the things you love, whether it’s spending time with loved ones, practicing a hobby, or indulging in spa treatments.
3) Focus on the important things in life. Don’t get drawn under with every small detail, always maintain focus on the bigger picture and you’ll find your stress levels decline.
4) Leading a more active lifestyle can reduce stress as it allows you to release any built-up tension. This could be done by visiting the gym, joining a fitness or yoga class, or simply buying basic sports equipment for your home.
5) Take control of your life – take small steps in improving the quality of your lifestyle. Whether it be applying for that promotion or clearing out that spare bedroom that’s been annoying you for years, you’ll start to see the stresses around you disappear.
The Ocean Spa offers various treatments which are perfect for taking time out to relax and rejuvenate, leaving you with a clear mind and positive outlook.
The Well Being Back Massage offers tension-relieving results and gives you a 45 minute solution for eliminating frustration.
However, for a more extensive stress buster, the Stress A-Way, lasting one hour and 15 minutes, helps you wind down and relieve the stresses of the day.
For other stress reducing treatments, please see the Elemis Body Indulgence page.
So don’t hesitate to embrace relaxation as part of a routine to reduce the stress of day to day life.